History of Bayside Health Association
Vincent Killeen, MD, came to the Lewes area from Washington DC upon completion of his residency at Georgetown University Hospital. He joined as association in Lewes and began seeing patients and delivering babies at Beebe Medical Center. In early 1988, he discovered that the association was going to dissolve on June 30th. So Dr. Killeen, in conjunction with another physician, developed the idea of Bayside Health Association. On May 1, 1988, Bayside Health Association saw its first patient at 701 Savannah Road in Lewes.
Since May1, 1988 Bayside Health has grown tremendously. We relocated to 1535 Savannah road in September of 1992 and expanded that space again in 2001.
Bayside Health Association currently consists of five Ob/Gyn doctors, two nurse midwives, three ultrasonographers and a support staff of 32 that include nursing, front staff, billing and accounts payable.
To support our ever growing patient population, we are anticipating breaking ground this fall for a new office on route 113 in Georgetown.